1. Ramboll Management Consulting
Founded in 1968 Ramboll Management Consulting is a management consultancy company specialized in public sector development.
450 experts are based in offices in Denmark, Finland, Germany, Norway, and Sweden. We offer services within evaluation, research, management, HRD, and IT consulting.
As part of the company's ambition to become a European wide provider of evaluation services Ramboll Management Consulting merged with the Finnish Net Effect OY and thus adding significantly to our expertise and coverage in the field of evaluation.
2. Evaluation Capabilities
Ramboll Management Consulting is one of Europe's largest providers of independent evaluations. Annually, we carry out approximately 300 evaluations for national, regional, and local governments, foundations, the European Commission and European Parliament.
About 200 experts are primarily engaged in evaluation projects. To ensure consistent quality throughout the organization we have developed an Evaluation Capability Development Program. The program ensures that experts are trained rigorously in evaluation methodology and consultancy. The program consists of three certified tiers of expertise: evaluation practitioners, evaluation experts, and thought leaders. To become certified experts must meet a number of criteria. The certification is administered by one of the company's deputy directors.
3. Evaluation standards
As a multinational evaluator and a member of several evaluation societies Ramboll adheres international evaluation standards, for example the DeGeval and the European Commission. In order to make these standards operational Ramboll Management Consulting has developed a Program Evaluation Quality Assessment Tool designed to ensure quality criteria are met in each phase of an evaluation project.
Ramboll Management Consulting is an institutional member of the Danish Evaluation Society, Finnish Evaluation Society, German Evaluation Society, Norwegian Evaluation Society, Swedish Evaluation Society, and the European Evaluation Society. Our consultants also hold individual membership in the American Evaluation Association and the Canadian Evaluation Society.
5. Thought leadership
Ramboll Management Consulting has taken an active role in promoting the role of evaluation in Europe and encourages our evaluation experts to take an active part in the global evaluation community:
- Net Effect OY (now part on Ramboll Management Consulting) were founding members of the Finnish Evaluation Society
- Ramboll Management Consulting was one of the founding members of the Danish Evaluation Society. Several consultants have served as Board Member
- Ramboll Management Consulting serves on the Board of the European Evaluation Society
- Two of our experts are part of the INTEVAL network.
Further we seek to actively contribute to the evaluation knowledge base through:
- Conference proceedings
- Peer reviewed publications
- Improving Performance? Exploring the Complementarities between Evaluation and Performance Management
- Measuring Evaluation Capacity—Results and Implications of a Danish Study
- Er det stadig sæson for New Public Management?
- Øje for effekterne – resultatbaseret styring kan styrke offentlige indsatser
- Meta-Evaluation as a Tool for Learning - A Case Study of the European Structural Fund Evaluations in Finland
- Three Spheres of Performance Governance: Spanning the Boundaries from Single-Organization Focus towards a Partnership Network
- Exploring the Missing Links between Cause and Effect: A Conceptual Framework for Understanding Micro–Macro Conversions in Programme Evaluation
- Articles and book contributions
Ramboll Management Consulting is owned by Ramboll, one of Europe's largest multidisciplinary engineering, design and consultancy companies with 9000 employees. Ramboll is owned by the Ramboll Foundation.
For more information
Dr. Steffen Bohni Nielsen
Director of Evaluative Knowledge
+45 5161 8103