Call for expression of interest for hosting the 14th EES Biennial Conference in 2020
The Biennial EES Conference is a unique event and, together with the American Evaluation Association Conference, is considered to be one of the most important platforms for discussing policy evaluation issues worldwide. The Conference brings together evaluators, academics and policy makers to discuss current issues in evaluation theory and practice.
The Conference usually takes place at the end of September and lasts for 5 days (Monday through Friday), i.e. 2 days of professional development workshops followed by 3 days of main conference. The Conference anticipates up to 800 delegates. Previous EES Conferences were held in Maastricht (2016), Dublin (2014), Helsinki (2012) and Prague (2010). The 2018 EES Conference took place in Thessaloniki with as theme “Evaluation for More Resilient Societies”. Further information about this conference can be found here.
For your application to be considered, the expression of interest should use the attached form and contain information on ALL the following six selection criteria:
- Location. Attractiveness, cost and accessibility of the city
- Venue. Existence of a suitable convention center, i.e. which imperatively obeys to the following 7 requirements
- Ability to host up to 1000 delegates
- Availability of at least 8 rooms for up to 50 delegates for parallel sessions
- Availability of at least 5 rooms for up to 20 delegates for parallel sessions
- Availability of a plenary hall that can accommodate at least 800 delegates
- Proximity to suitable hotel accommodations with the potential availability of 800 rooms in different price ranges
- Proximity to an international airport with good connections to all major European destinations and preferably beyond
- Possibilities for greening the conference
- Local support. Endorsements of local support to the conference e.g. by regional or national governments
- Sponsorship potential. An indication of the potential for public (local, regional, national) and private sponsorship
- National evaluation society. Existence of an evaluation group/society in the country/city, or a clear intention to establish one, accompanied by a description of the potential for the EES Conference to further boost this evaluation group/society
- Capacity development. Potential for the EES Conference to further support the development of quality evaluation practices in the country or region
EES conferences are co-organised by the EES Board (or a specifically established ad hoc committee) in cooperation with the EES Association Management Company (AMC) and with the support of a Core Professional Congress Organiser (PCO). Representatives from the host country (e.g. members of the national evaluation society) are normally involved e.g. in the development of the programme of the conference, fundraising, local events and communication.
The expressions of interest will be reviewed by the EES Board, or an ad hoc committee, in cooperation with the PCO.
Expressions of interest shall be submitted to [email protected] no later than
Friday 25 January 2019 Midnight CET. Expressions of interest sent beyond this date and time will not be considered.
Submissions should use the attached form, covering ALL the above 6 selection criteria. The document should not exceed 3 pages (A4 format), but any attachments that are relevant to the application can be added.
Out of the eligible candidates a shortlist will be established and further negotiations may follow if more than one candidate is shortlisted.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the EES Secretariat.
Bastiaan de Laat
European Evaluation Society Secretariat
Prague Congress Centre
5. května 65
140 21 Prague 4
Tel.: (+420) 261 174 309
Fax.: (+420) 261 174 307