#EES2020 Call for 2 Programme Coordinators
The EES Board is looking for 2 Programme Coordinators in view of its 14th Biennial conference to be held 21-25 September 2020 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- In collaboration with the EES Board, the conference coordinator and TWG leaders to design conference strands and session types
- To coordinate the peer review process of abstracts by strand
- To group (“bulk”) the abstracts together in coherent 3-4 paper sessions
- To organise those sessions with other activities and events (e.g., unconference events) into a coherent overall conference programme, a major challenge given the number of parallel sessions (between 10 and 20 parallel sessions)
- To contribute to the selection and invitation of speakers – keynotes and any other special sessions
- To pay special attention, in cooperation with the peer reviewers, to abstracts that could lead to candidates for the « best paper », the « best student paper » and « best poster » and possibly other awards
- Broad and deep acquaintance with (current) trends and developments in the evaluation community (both methodological and thematic) allowing to pass judgment on the relevance of submitted abstracts
- Ability to swiftly process great amounts of abstracts
- Ability to drive a group of peer reviewers
- Ability to organise in a coherent way abstracts and build a coherent programme
- Previous experience with conference programme building or similar endeavours would be an advantage
- Some acquaintance with the conference theme (Evaluation in an Uncertain World – Complexity, Legitimacy and Ethics) is an advantage but not a necessity as other themes are also allowed
- Good command of English
The successful candidates will be co-opted by the EES Board for the time of the conference preparations (i.e. 2019-20). If required, there is the possibility that they be coached by EES Board members with experience in the matter.
The work will require an important effort from the candidate who will have to work pro bono, on a voluntary basis, as all members of the EES Board and other volunteers working for the Society.
Please submit your candidature, in pdf, by Sunday 30 June 2019 Midnight CET, to [email protected]
Your application should contain:
- A motivation letter, considering the above-mentioned points
- Experience with similar exercises
- 2 references
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
European Evaluation Society Secretariat
Prague Congress Centre
5. kvetna 65
140 21 Prague 4
Tel.: (+420) 261 174 309
Fax.: (+420) 261 174 307