If you are ready for a challenge of developing vulnerability assessment concept and practice – this job might be for you. Join Frontex, the fastest growing EU agency, in its Warsaw headquarters.
You will be responsible for:
- Risk analysis related to border management and vulnerability assessment;
- Development of the common vulnerability assessment methodology;
- Management and implementation of data collection schemes to assess Member States’ technical equipment, systems, capabilities, resources and infrastructure necessary for border control as well as contingency plans on border management according to the best practices in the field;
- Management of vulnerability assessment network
Find out more at: http://frontex.europa.eu/about-frontex/careers/open-selection-procedures/
Deadline for application: 2 July 2017 23.59 of Warsaw local time
The European Border and Coast Guard Regulation requires Frontex to apply a common vulnerability assessment methodology to annually assess and monitor – as a preventive measure on the basis of a risk analysis - the capacity and readiness of the EU member states to face upcoming challenges, including:
- present and future threats and pressures at the external borders of the Union,
- the immediate consequences of disproportionate migratory pressures at the external borders, and
- EU member states’ contribution to Frontex’s rapid-reaction pool.
The vulnerability assessment is expected to provide a continuously-running instrument to monitor and identify possible vulnerabilities in the whole national border management system of the EU member states to complement the current Schengen evaluation mechanism, where every five years each EU member state is evaluated in terms of its compliance with the Schengen Borders Code.