The EES Board is looking for a Programme Coordinator in view of its biennial conference to be held
1-5 October 2018, in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- In collaboration with the EES Board and the conference coordinator, to design the different conference strands
- To coordinate the peer review process of abstracts by strand
- To group (“bulk”) the abstracts together in coherent 3-4 paper sessions
- To organise those sessions into a coherent overall conference programme, a major challenge being the number of parallel sessions (between 10 and 20 parallel sessions)
- To contribute to the selection and invitation of three keynote speakers
- To pay special attention, in cooperation with the peer reviewers, to abstracts that could lead to candidates for the « best paper », the « best student paper » and « best poster » and possibly other awards
- Broad and deep acquaintance with (current) trends and developments in the evaluation community (both methodologically and thematic) allowing to pass judgment on the relevance of submitted abstracts
- Ability to process swiftly great amounts of abstracts
- Ability to drive a group of peer reviewers
- Ability to organise in a coherent way abstracts and build a coherent programme
- Previous experience with conference programme building or similar endeavours would be an advantage
- Some acquaintance with the conference theme (Evaluation for Resilient Societies) is an advantage but not a necessity as other themes are also allowed
- Good command of English
The successful candidate will be co-opted by the EES Board for the time of the conference preparations (i.e. 2017-18). If required, there is the possibility that s/he be coached by EES Board members with experience in the matter.
The work will require an important effort from the candidate who will have to work pro bono, on a voluntary basis, as all members of the EES Board and other volunteers working for the Society.
Please submit your candidature, in pdf, by Monday 21 August, midnight CET at the latest, to [email protected]
Your application should contain:
- A motivation letter, taking into account the above mentioned points
- Experience with similar exercises
- 2 references