Due to recent Framework Contract and project wins, we are looking for an ambitious, experienced Senior EU Public Policy Consultant. The position requires good knowledge of European public institutions and experience of delivering evaluations, impact assessments or studies as part of a multi-national team. Building on strong analytical and writing capabilities, coupled with an understanding of EU policy, the successful candidate will conduct work for a range of clients across Europe. The role primarily focusses on the management, analysis, comprehension and implementation of EU public policy projects to help our clients to make better informed decisions.
The day job:
What you will do on a day-to-day basis will vary depending on what projects and proposals we are working on at the time. You will be working on a whole breadth of projects for organisations such as the European Commission, European Parliament and other European Institutions, and help us generate new business in areas of interest. Working in or managing multiple project teams you are likely to be:
• Actively contributing to the design of client projects, taking into account client needs and commercial viability.
• Manage day-to-day project implementation for several projects, ensuring client needs are met, monitoring progress, delegating appropriately and ensuring a fair balance of resources.
• Manage project teams with a view to achieving established project goals for evaluations, impact assessments and other research projects.
• Manage client and stakeholder relationships. Act as external day-to-day contact.
• Manage the delivery and submission of proposals for evaluations, impact assessments and other research projects.
• Maintain commercial awareness by understanding cost implications of decisions and action; undertake budget discussions with subcontractors under direction.
• Supervising junior staff and quality assuring their work, by providing constructive feedback and creating on-the project learning opportunities.
• Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the grade and post and the acknowledged skills of the Senior Consultant.