Date(s) - 09/11/2020
The Center for Evaluation and Development (C4ED) is looking for an international project consultant “Expert in Mixed Evaluation Methods” for impact evaluations in West and East Africa. Please find the full ad attached and the most important information listed below:
Tasks and Requirements of the Expert in Mixed Evaluation Methods
C4ED is looking for an Expert in Mixed Evaluation Methods with more than 5 years of experience in designing and implementing quantitative impact evaluations using quasi-experimental techniques and mixed-methods approaches, as well as a minimum of 3 years leading a team of evaluators. The candidate is asked to prepare and conduct counterfactual impact evaluations in 7 West and East African countries, contribute to the mixed-methods design, and to a portfolio evaluation in 21 countries. The Expert in Mixed Evaluation Methods should be able to establish a good rapport and working relationship with the implementing agencies and local partners in order to facilitate buy-in for the evaluations. The candidate is required to have extensive experience working in sub-Saharan Africa, especially in Francophone West Africa. Ideally, the candidate is familiar working in the context of labor and employment, as well as demonstrating cultural sensitivity in working in the context of international migration. Travelling to assignment countries might be required. Further requirements include:
- Excellent French and English (oral and written skills)
- Relevant experience measuring employment and/or migration outcomes using large household and/or enterprise surveys
- Training skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience developing evaluation reports and policy briefs for diverse audiences
- Experience with interdisciplinary, cross-cutting issues, such as gender, human rights, etc.
- Previous experience with EuropeAid and/or EUTF for Africa IPs is an advantage
- Experience with Portfolio Evaluations would be desirable
This position is for a current proposal and is contingent on C4ED being awarded the contract by the client for this consultancy. The assignment is expected to run from January 2021 to December 2024 (subject to change).
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application exclusively by filling out the questionnaire that you will find under the following link https://is.gd/kimbXJ and mention the reference J2011MEM. The deadline for applications is November 9, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.