Date(s) - 25/01/2021
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
International Competitive Bidding (ICB)
Procurement of Consulting and Professional Services – Evaluation
DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS,TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT (DFATD) [Global Affairs Canada www.international.gc.ca] Closing date: 2021/01/25 14:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Please see the tender notice: https://buyandsell.gc.ca/procurement-data/tender-notice/PW-20-00936499
Title: Summative Evaluation of the Nutrition International (NI) programming. (2021-P-000367-1)
The Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) has a requirement for a summative evaluation of the Nutrition International (NI) programming funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade, and Development (DFATD) and the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) [formerly United Kingdom Department for International Development (UK/DFID)].
The evaluation is aimed to:
- Inform necessary improvements to NI’s programs’ work plans, design, and delivery;
- Inform improvements on key aspects of NI’s relationship with its donors and stakeholders;
- Inform country government decision-making and programming in the areas supported by NI;
- Inform DFATD future programming and decision making;
- Inform UK/DFID future programming and decision making;
- Inform NI’s stakeholders about the contribution of NI’s core activities to results and to NI’s new activities – as they have transitioned to a new configuration with a broadened mandate and scope of work – to results.
The main users of this evaluation are Country governments, DFATD, DFID, Nutrition International staff, and Nutrition International Board of Directors.
The Consultant will be responsible to:
- Assess and examine the relevance of NI program design and examine how it has responded to the needs and priorities of the targeted beneficiaries and also adapted to a changing nutritional landscape;
- Assess and examine the contribution of activities in combination with implementation research activities to the improvement of sustained delivery and utilization of nutrition interventions in country;
- Assess NI’s contribution to impact ;
- Assess and examine the extent to which and how NI contributed to influence improved policies, programs, and resources for nutrition scale-up at national and global levels; 5. Assess and examine the extent to which and how NI engaged, worked, coordinated, and collaborated with partners and stakeholders; assess how these interactions contributed to or hindered results, national ownership, synergies, complementarities; and assess how these interactions adapted to change (e.g. nutritional landscape and stakeholders/partners needs/priorities) and contributed to results;
- Assess and examine the extent to which and how NI’s organizational structure, planning and programme delivery contributed to results (outputs and outcomes);
- Assess and examine the extent to which and how NI’s activities considered and contributed to gender equality results; and
- Identify gap areas in programming, and provide findings, conclusions, lessons, and recommendations to strengthen NI programming, coordination and collaboration in countries where NI works, as well as inform future project design and implementation.
Additional information related to the requirement is detailed in section 4, Terms of Reference.
Please note that I will not reply to any inquiries regarding that RFP. These should be addressed in writing to the Contracting authority indicated on the tender notice: