Date(s) - 18/04/2021
The Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S) in Berlin is seeking a consultant (individual or team) to provide external advice to inform the finalisation of the Movement-wide strategy MEL framework and to support the conduct and analysis of the priorities/baseline study. The results are expected to be fed into a Movement priorities and baseline report for the first strategic cycle 2021-2022.
We are seeking external expert advice to ensure that the MEL framework we are developing is coherent, practical and building on good practice, whilst allowing us to build a complex picture of progress achieved in the coming years.
The consultant or team of consultants is expected to
- Review and provide recommendations on how to improve the strategy MEL framework developed by the TI-S Strategy and MEL unit.
- Develop a TI Movement wide survey to collect strategy baseline data and national chapters priorities during the first strategic cycle (based on draft template and with logistical support by TI-S)
- Analyse and collate baseline and priorities data to inform the TI Movement priorities and baseline report for the first strategic cycle 2021-2022.
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE
The MEL consultant is expected to deliver the following:
- Recommendations to improve the MEL framework for movement-wide strategy progress.
- A structured baseline and priorities database (in excel) to allow for data filtering and analysis.
- A summary report on how the Movement will contribute to the Strategy 2030 in the first strategic cycle, including baseline assessment.
- A debrief meeting with the Strategy and MEL Unit of the TI Secretariat to discuss findings and recommendations.
All presentations and reports should be submitted in English, in electronic form. The task is expected to start as soon as possible and the final reports to be delivered no later than 30 June 2021.
REMUNERATION AND COSTS
The Consultants should provide their estimated total fee as a lump sum or as standard daily or hourly rates as gross inclusive of taxes and other charges.
For the completion of the assignment, 15-20 working days have been estimated. Logistical and any other support required will be provided by the TI Secretariat.
Please review the full terms of references on our website.
HOW TO APPLY
The application should include the following documents in English:
- Motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae
- A brief proposal describing how the assignment would be approached, incl. quote
- One sample of relevant previous work (confidentiality guaranteed).
Please indicate “Strategy MEL framework” in the subject line of your email application. Applications should be sent in English by email to Kathrin Decker at firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 April 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.