Date(s) - 24/09/2021
Bolstering Integrity in Public Contracting: A Reinvigorated Approach and Coalition on Integrity Pacts – Development Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning system – short-notice opportunity
Transparency International is looking for a consultant or team of consultants to develop an MEL system for the new TI project Bolstering Integrity in Public Contracting: A Reinvigorated Approach and Coalition on Integrity Pacts (SII IP Project).
Transparency International is looking for a consultant to develop an MEL framework (on the basis of the already existing log frame and project description) considering organisational MEL policies and approaches, and establish the baseline for monitoring progress and impact at national and global levels. This includes:
- The development of a detailed Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) system in close cooperation with TI-S and TI chapters in Argentina, Romania, and Spain. The MEL system shall include indicators and targets for measuring success, with detailed information including change markers, assumptions, data sources and data collection tools, means of verification, periodicity of data collection. This also includes the design of tools and templates to regularly collect and capture relevant data aligned to the goals, outcomes and outputs of the project. In addition, the MEL system should cover key milestones and processes for progress reviews and learning, including evaluations.
- The collection and analysis of the baseline at the project start to assess the status of the agreed indicators, which will be used to assess progress and set annual targets. The impact indicators will be developed on the basis of the work plan. The project’s contribution parameters will also be determined (i.e. the extent to which a change be traced back to the project, and the associated criteria for that determination). This includes assistance to TI national chapters to apply the MEL plan to their own context including establishing a baseline across the agreed change markers that will allow them effectively monitor and assess the impact of their work.
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE
The indicative estimated time to complete this assignment is 12 working days. A detailed timeline will be agreed at the beginning of the assignment.
The expected deliverables are:
- A final MEL system, incl. MEL framework with targets at national and global level based on consultation with the implementing parties
- A reviewed baseline dataset based on consultation with the implementing parties, incl. documented qualitative data and baseline assessment at project and country-level. report,
- Tools and methods to regularly collect and capture relevant data aligned to the goals, outcomes and outputs of the project
- Templates for regular reporting on progress and achievements by all project stakeholders
All presentations and reports should be submitted in English, in electronic form.
REMUNERATION AND COSTS
The Consultants should provide their estimated total fee as a lump sum or as standard daily or hourly rates as gross inclusive of taxes and other charges.
Logistical and any other support required will be provided by the TI Secretariat.
HOW TO APPLY
The application should include the following documents in English:
- Letter describing your motivation and qualifications for the assignment;
- Curriculum vitae of key personnel involved in undertaking the assignment;
- A cost estimate of the above-mentioned services and outputs;
- A short overview of how the work will be approached, which methods will be used;
- Two examples of and references to other similar work that has been undertaken previously;
Please indicate “[MEL system SII IP project]” in the subject line of your email application.
Applications should be sent in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business of 24/09/2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.