Date(s) - 31/07/2022
Consultancy opportunity: Review and evaluation of the DFAT-funded Developmental Leadership Program (DLP) [Paid, location flexible/remote]
The Developmental Leadership Program (DLP) is looking for a consultant with knowledge and experience of research to policy projects/programmes to support a review and conduct an impact evaluation of its current phase (2019 – 2023).
DLP is an international research initiative that explores how leadership, power and political processes drive or block successful development. Funded by the Australian Government’s Department for Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), this phase involves 16 partners from across the Asia-Pacific region and the UK.
The review and evaluation are part of an integrated evaluative and learning process that will evolve over time in line with developmental evaluation practice. Further information, including the purpose of the review and evaluation, timelines, anticipated deliverables and scoring criteria can be found in the ToR via this link: https://www.dlprog.org/opinions/evaluation-consultant-call-for-applications
We are looking for a consultant who demonstrates:
- Understanding of research to policy and experience of evaluating projects and programmes with this focus;
- Knowledge and experience of developmental evaluation processes;
- Experience of participatory and collaborative approaches to MEL;
- Experience of working with DFAT and/or other bilateral funders;
- Experience of evaluating interventions across several different geographies and involving a range of stakeholders; and
- Knowledge of the Asia-Pacific region.
Deadline is 23:59 on 31st July. We expect to appoint the successful candidate by the end of August/early September.
Contract: The total budget available is GBP £45,750.00. There is an additional £5,000.00 available to cover travel costs, which will be discussed and agreed with the successful candidate. These figures are inclusive of taxes and will be paid in GBP.