Date(s) - 20/06/2022
Contract: One year with possible extension
Location: home based
|The deliverables of editorial services for each IEO publication include the following:
- Provide editing and proofreading services for materials ranging from complex publications to substantive technical documents.
- Provide technical writing if requested/required for some sections/paragraphs to improve the readability of reports.
- Perform up to six rounds of substantive editing of IEO reports. This includes up to three rounds of editing and proofreading in track changes in word and up to three rounds of final review and editing of the designed version in pdf.
- Perform editing according to the UNDP and UN editorial style manuals.
- The editor will be responsible for ensuring:
- Copyediting, proofreading, filling in gaps in information, restructuring and rewriting if required.
- Correct spelling and appropriate use of words with correct grammar and syntax.
- Consistent style and format throughout the document.
- Correct use of English while maintaining the authors’ writing style to the extent practical.
- Elimination of repetition and inconsistencies.
- Appropriate positioning and numbering of boxes, figures and tables.
- Consistent font(s) as relevant to headings and text.
- Appropriate use of italicized and bolded words.
- Ensure all footnotes, sources, references are complete and consistent.
- A thorough review of annexes (people consulted, bibliography, etc) to highlight incomplete areas along with consistency in presentation as per UNDP publication guidelines.
- Prepare a complete table of contents and acronym list per document.
- Editing/review of figures, tables, infographics and pictures.
- Proofread designed layout files to ensure a complete print-ready file.
To view the full terms of reference for this consultancy, please click here.
Closing date: 20 June 2022