Date(s) - 25/09/2022
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Location: IFRC Regional Offices for Europe, Asia Pacific, MENA, and IFRC HQ in Geneva as well as the three affected countries Iran, Pakistan and Tajikistan
The aim of this final evaluation is to evaluate the progress made towards operational and strategic objectives of the operation in the three countries neighbouring Afghanistan – Iran, Pakistan and Tajikistan – and to formulate recommendations to inform future programming in those countries and for similar operations.
We now have an agreed TOR for this evaluation (below) and are seeking to identify an experienced team of 4 to 5 evaluators to carry out this task (1 external team leader and 3 to 4 team members).
The TEAM LEADER should have the following skills and experience:
- Proven extensive experience in being the lead in conducting emergency response evaluation (7 to 10 years).
- Master’s degree in international development, social sciences, humanitarian assistance or other related fields.
- Good knowledge of strategic and operational management of humanitarian operations and an ability to provide strategic recommendations to key stakeholders;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English (reference and production of sample work required).
- Familiarity with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and its disaster management system.
- Knowledge of response and protection mechanisms in migration preferred
- Knowledge of cross-cutting issues, including protection, gender and inclusion (PGI) and community engagement and accountability (CEA) would be of interest
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize and present findings, draw practical conclusions and to prepare well‐written reports in a timely manner;
- Good team player and familiarity with working with people from different cultures/contexts.
- Experience in managing teams remotely and comfortable working with online platforms.
- Should not have been involved or have a vested interest in the IFRC operation being reviewed.
- Considering the fact, that evaluation team members are required to travel within the region, and in view of challenges experienced due to visa restrictions, preference will be made accordingly.
Note: As a priority IFRC is looking for a team leader, but is open to also considering offers from small teams.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR TEAM LEADER
Interested candidates and/or teams should submit their application material by Sunday, 25 September 2022 midnight CEST to firstname.lastname@example.org with Team Leader for the Final Evaluation for the Regional Population Movement-Afghanistan Preparedness and Response written in the Subject Line.
Application materials should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter clearly summarizing experience as it pertains to this assignment, Daily rate, and contact details for three professional referees.
Applicants are required to provide 1 example of a previous evaluation report they have authored.
Application materials are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: Sunday 25 September 2022