Date(s) - 15/08/2022
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Organizational Unit: Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (RAP)
Contract: Fixed-term: one year with possibility of extension
Under the overall supervision of the Assistance Director-General/Regional Representative in RAP, the Evaluation Officer reports to the Senior Field Programme Officer, and maintains co-ordination with functional groups and officers leading Monitoring and Evaluation (M-E) and Knowledge Management, Communications, Partnership and Resource Mobilization, and Strategic Framework Programme and Delivery in RAP.
Thematic and programme evaluations, decentralized evaluations, use of evaluation results, evaluation capacity development.
Increased results accountability and lessons learning at the corporate and unit level.
• Plans, designs and manages decentralized evaluations ensuring submission of reports according to deadlines.
• Conducts quality control or assure decentralized evaluations.
• Takes measures to enhance the utilization as well as the ownership of evaluations in Decentralized Offices.
• Participates in developing, enhancing and testing evaluation methodologies, determining their applicability in different contexts, and keeps abreast of latest developments.
• Liaises with technical and operational divisions and offices to enhance the planning, design and utilization of decentralized evaluations.
• Manages post-evaluation communications, including lessons from evaluations, making them available to various stakeholders.
• Performs other duties as required.
Closing Date: Monday 15 August 2022