Date(s) - 01/12/2022
CGIAR’s Independent Advisory and Evaluation Service (IAES)
CGIAR’s Independent Advisory and Evaluation Service (IAES) implements CGIAR’s multi-year, independent evaluation plan as approved by the System Council, and provides operational support as the secretariat for the Independent Science for Development Council (ISDC) and the Standing Panel on Impact Assessment (SPIA). IAES is expanding its pool of qualified evaluation and program analysts, to maintain a roster to support ISDC and Evaluation function in eventual and planned activities in line with the 2022-2024 workplan and beyond. The two workstreams supply CGIAR’s governance body and internal and external stakeholders with independent, programmatic, and on-demand evaluations and reviews.
The evaluation or program analyst supports the evaluation or ISDC workstreams within the IAES. The analyst is based remotely, with preferred working availability to align with CET/Rome, Italy. The analyst is a project-bound role focused on ensuring the delivery of integrated research activities or support function services.
Key Responsibilities for Evaluation
Under the supervision of workstream Lead or other designated professionals, specific responsibilities include:
- Operationally support implementation of the evaluation activities under the multi-year work plan, including but not limited to thematic, corporate and regional/country-based evaluative activities according to IAES quality standards and as assigned
- Assist with the quality assurance and peer review process for evaluations aligned to standards, guidelines and methodologies, aligned to the overarching CGIAR Evaluation Framework and Policy, developing and/or sourcing relevant research and technical inputs
- Support and contribute to (e.g., data entry, data processing, data analysis) CGIAR evaluation database, and other forms of related knowledge management and record-keeping
- Assist with development of evaluation-related communication and knowledge management products for effective use of evaluation findings and recommendations in the CGIAR
- Support to sound documentation and knowledge management practices
- Coordinate and support logistical preparations for and technical inputs to evaluation-related meetings, events, and workshops
Closing Date: 1 December 2022