Date(s) - 31/08/2022
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Organizational Unit: OED
Contract: Around 25-50 days (depending on scope of the assignment and job title), spread over 6 months
Location: Home Based
Under the overall responsibility of the Director of OED and under the technical and methodological direction of the Evaluation Manager, the Team Leader will coordinate the work of the other team member, each contributing to the evaluation in his or her area(s) of specialization.
The specific objective of the Project is to facilitate well-informed and better decision-making related to forests and forestry based on the harmonized, comprehensive, timely and accurate information generated at a national and international level. This will help address challenges which have a profound effect especially on the lives of poor people: rapidly degrading key ecosystems, climate change and poor global environmental governance. The project has 6 outputs:
- High quality data reported to FRA 2020, with fewer expert estimates.
- Country reporting harmonized and streamlined.
- Technology innovations: The Forest Resources Information Management System (FRIMS) and the accessibility to Forest Resources Assessment (FRA) data through multi-purpose outputs in FAOSTAT/ CountryStat improved.
- Technical and organizational capacities strengthened through capacity building.
- Remote Sensing: Improved estimates of forest land use change at the global, regional and ecozone scales.
- National Networking: Network of National Correspondents enhanced through participation and awareness of the FRA data collection process established within each of the 234 countries and territories participating in the FRA process.
Closing Date: Wednesday 31 August 2022