Date(s) - 29/09/2023
Deadline: Submit application material by Friday, 29th September EOB CEST
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with Team Leader for the RTE for the Response to the Syria Earthquake 2023 written in the Subject Line.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is now preparing to carry out a Real Time Evaluation (RTE) for the Response to the Syria Earthquake 2023.
Purpose: The purpose of this RTE is to help to identify the effectiveness and efficiency of the response to date, to ensure that immediate course-correction is undertaken where possible, and document lessons learned to adapt systems for future responses in complex settings.
We now have an agreed TOR for this evaluation and are seeking to identify an experienced team of 4 to 5 evaluators to carry out this task (1 external team leader/company and 2 to 3 team members).
The team leader should have the following skills and experience:
• Proven extensive experience in being the lead in conducting emergency response evaluations (7 to 10 years).
• Master’s degree in international development, social sciences, humanitarian assistance, or other related fields.
• Good knowledge of strategic and operational management of humanitarian operations and an ability to provide strategic recommendations to key stakeholders.
• Excellent writing and communication skills in English (reference and production of sample work required).
• Familiarity with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and its disaster management system.
• Knowledge of cross-cutting issues, including protection, gender, and inclusion (PGI) and community engagement and accountability (CEA) would be of interest.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize and present findings, draw practical conclusions, and prepare well‐written reports in a timely manner.
• Advantageous to have good knowledge of the MENA region or a similar response in the region.
Application materials should include:
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– Cover letter clearly summarizing experience as it pertains to this assignment, daily rate, and contact details for three professional referees.
– One example of a previous evaluation report they have authored.
Application materials are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.