Date(s) - 14/06/2022
International Federation of Red Cross (IFRC)
IFRC is now preparing to carry out an Internal Operational Review of the Response to Ukraine and Impacted Countries Crisis.
Purpose: The purpose of this review is to assess the progress made towards operational and strategic goals of the IFRC-wide response in Ukraine and the seven neighbouring countries, and to formulate recommendations to inform future programming in those countries and the wider response.
We now have an agreed TOR for this evaluation (attached) and are seeking to identify an experienced team of 4 to 5 evaluators to carry out this task (1 external team leader and 4 to 5 team members).
The TEAM LEADER should have the following skills and experience:
- Proven extensive experience in being the lead in conducting emergency response evaluation (7 to 10 years).
- Master’s degree in international development, social sciences, humanitarian assistance or other related fields.
- Good knowledge of strategic and operational management of humanitarian operations and an ability to provide strategic recommendations to key stakeholders;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English (reference and production of sample work required). Knowledge of written and verbal skills in Russian/Ukranian advantageous.
- Familiarity with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and its disaster management system.
- Knowledge of European response and protection mechanisms
- Knowledge of cross-cutting issues, including protection, gender and inclusion (PGI) and community engagement and accountability (CEA) would be of interest
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize and present findings, draw practical conclusions and to prepare well‐written reports in a timely manner;
- Good team player and familiarity with working with people from different cultures/contexts.
- Experience in managing teams remotely and comfortable working with online platforms.
- Should not have been involved or have a vested interest in the IFRC operation being reviewed.
- Considering the fact, that evaluation team members are required to travel within the region, and in view of challenges experienced due to visa restrictions, preference will be made accordingly.
Note: As a priority IFRC is looking for a team leader, but is open to also considering offers from small teams.
Closing Date: 14 June 2022