Date(s) - 14/06/2021 - 16/06/2021
About the course
Improve, extend and update your knowledge and understanding of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) techniques through a specialized and practical training programme.
This technical and interactive training programme presents the purpose of M&E and useful practices. The objective of this course is to ensure that participants are thoroughly acquainted with the main principles and techniques of M&E of EU funded projects.
The programme includes an overview of the main procedures for effective M&E, as well as its main actors. It offers a comprehensive understanding of the M&E processes in relation to the project life cycle. The course largely uses examples of EU external cooperation; however, the emphasis is on the understanding of concepts and tools which can be applicable in projects of a wide variety of donors and institutions.
The course is targeted to professionals with some relevant knowledge of the Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach.
The programme combines training sessions on both substance and skills:
- Interactive training sessions presenting the main principles of Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Case studies designed to develop essential skills (based on examples of EU external cooperation projects);
- Group practical exercises to consolidate knowledge and encourage discussion;
- Debates to promote experience sharing with lecturers and other participants.
Through this programme, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Improve, extend and update their knowledge and understanding of the Monitoring and Evaluation principles;
- Understand the role and importance of Monitoring and Evaluation throughout the project cycle;
- Obtain cutting-edge advice and insights from high-level lecturers, with experience in working on EU’s development assistance projects;
- Strengthen their analytical skills through practical exercises
- Join the exclusive LinkedIn group for the alumni of the course;
- Receive a certificate from the College of Europe upon successful completion.
Participants attending this course and the one on EU Project Management can benefit from a discount in both courses.