Date(s) - 01/12/2023
Ajabu Advisors LLC is hiring someone to assist a small consulting practice in its work with international NGOs on evaluation and strategic planning around the world. The ideal candidate will have strong writing, editing, data analysis, communication, and organizational skills. Candidates must have the ability to work independently on tight deadlines, a wide range of skills, and a passion for supporting social change organizations. The work involves intermittent contract work, which fluctuates over time depending on the number of contracts at any one time. There is room to grow in this job – in fact we are hiring because the previous person picked up the skills and exposure to take on their own consulting work in the field.
• Managing project timelines and work plans, including scheduling meetings in multiple time zones
• Managing shared drives with confidential information and data, including technical assistance for other consultants on maintaining access
• Projecting and copy editing documents, including reports, proposals, agendas, and background materials
• Taking meeting notes
• Creating documents and templates for team use
• Liaising with web master to keep web site up to date
• Occasional translation and interpretation
• Generally keeping international team functions organized and efficient
Location flexible, though Western Hemisphere preferred.
• Facility in English and a second world language
• Bachelor’s degree required in social studies, quantitative analysis, international studies, economics, development studies, or some related field
• International experience (though no experience in evaluation or strategy required)
• Facility with Microsoft Office
• Well organized, able to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent analytical, oral, writing, and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Interested in social change work
• Flexibility to deal with changing projects, relationships, ambiguity, and time zones
• Well-developed empathy, emotional intelligence, and interpersonal skills, including proven ability to work supportively in a team environment across cultures and languages.
Skills that would be an advantage
• Master’s degree an advantage
• Graphic design and/or document layout
• Experience with simple database analysis
The job pays an hourly wage set depending on experience. Actual hours will vary with the volume of projects
at any given time.
To apply, please send your resume or CV, a one-page or shorter cover letter explaining why you’re interested and qualified for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org