Date(s) - 22/01/2021
World Vision Canada is interested in partnering with an academic institution to understand the impact of Equality for Girls’ Access to Learning (EGAL) interventions on girls’ access to education, school retention and their learning outcomes, in conflict contexts. EGAL project implementation is ongoing in Kasai central province, DRC between 2020 to 2023 to enhance the agency of girls, increase their resilience in fragile contexts, and improve their power for independent decision-making.
As part of the EGAL project, there is also a focus on a research agenda that aims to establish an evidence base about barriers and enablers to education for girls in conflict, and activities advocating for changes that will improve the lives of girls and women.
The objectives of the research are to gain an understanding of:
- The impact of the EGAL project interventions on the school enrolment, attendance, retention and performance of girls and boys affected by past conflict in Kasai Central, DRC.
- The impact of Healing in Harmony related interventions compared to other EGAL interventions, on school enrolment, attendance, retention and performance of girls affected by Sexual and/or Gender Based Violence as a result of conflict in Kasai Central, DRC.
- The impact of Healing in Harmony related interventions on the mental health and psycho-social outcomes for girls affected by Sexual and/or Gender Based Violence in Kasai Central, DRC.
- The impact of other World Vision interventions, applied in the EGAL project, including Men Care and Channels of Hope on education, mental health and psychosocial outcomes for girls affected by Sexual and/or Gender Based violence as a result of conflict in in Kasai Central, DRC.
- Key factors that most contributed to girls’ school enrolment, attendance, retention, and performance.
For full details, please see the attached RFP.
The letter of interest in submission of proposal (in the form of email) has to be submitted to to Melanie Gillespie – _Melanie_Gillespie@worldvision.caon on Jan 8, 2021 and the deadline for submission is Jan 22, 2021.