Date(s) - 14/02/2021
IFRC is now preparing to carry out an IFRC-Wide COVID 19 Evaluation.
Purpose: The purpose of this evaluation is to analyse and evaluate the relevance, effectiveness and coherence of the current IFRC-wide COVID-19 response to assess its end delivery to those affected.
- Relevance would include how well the response has been targeted to meet the needs across a range of contexts and how appropriate our work under the three Priorities and 18 Pillars has been to address the needs of the communities and National Societies affected by the pandemic.
- Effectiveness would reflect how far those needs have been met by the wider IFRC network and identify both the successes and the challenges faced by both National Societies and the IFRC Secretariat in ensuring effective and efficient delivery those in need.
- Coherence to measure the extent to which the intervention added value while avoiding duplication of effort. This would also be an opportunity to assess the auxiliary roles played by the National Societies and linkages with local actors.
We now have an agreed TOR for this evaluation (attached) and are seeking to identify an experienced team of 5 to 6 evaluators to carry out this task (1 external team leader and 4 to 5 team members).
The team leader should have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience (7 to 10 years) in conducting evaluations of humanitarian programmes. Strong experience in leading an evaluation of a recent major response.
- Knowledge of strategic and operational management of humanitarian operations and ability to analyse and present strategic-level recommendations.
- Knowledge of cross-cutting issues that affect large humanitarian operations.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to synthesize and present findings and conclusions, make practical recommendations and prepare well-written, timely reports.
- Good team player and familiarity working with people from different cultures/contexts.
- Experience in manging teams remotely and comfortable working with online platforms.
- Familiarity with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and its disaster management system.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR TEAM LEADER
Interested candidates should submit their application material by by Sunday 14 February 2021, midnight C.E.T. to the following address – email@example.com . Please include in the Subject Line: “Team Leader, COVID-19 evaluation”. Application materials should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter clearly summarizing your experience as it pertains to this assignment, your daily rate, and contact details for three professional referees.
- Examples of previous written work relevant to an evaluation of this nature and scale and clearly showing your authorship and presentation/writing skills.
Application materials are non-returnable and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.