Date(s) - 19/01/2021
The WHO Evaluation Office seeks expressions of interest from qualified independent evaluators and evaluation consultants or teams of independent evaluators and others with experience in thematic, strategic and impact level evaluations, in-country and project level evaluations for the following corporate evaluations selected from its 2020-2021 workplan (available here), approved by the Executive Board in January 2020:
- comprehensive review of the implementation of the global action plan on antimicrobial resistance;
- corporate evaluation of WHO’s results-based management framework
- evaluation of the utilization of Special Service Agreements
- formative evaluation of the implementation of the Research and Development Blueprint for Action to Prevent Epidemics and its plan of action;
- mid-term evaluation of the implementation of the strategic action plan on polio transition;
- evaluation of the integration of gender, equity and human rights in the work of the Organization
- evaluation of WHO’s normative functions at country level
- country programme evaluations
We ask interested candidates to submit to us their expression of interest by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with an indication of the assignment for which they would like to be considered in the e-mail’s subject line. Each expression of interest should contain an up-to-date CV and a one-page outline that details how past experiences are of direct relevance to the assignment for which interest is expressed.
Please feel free to share this announcement with your colleagues and in your network.
The deadline for submission of expressions of interest for the evaluations is by close of business on 19 January 2021.
IMPORTANT: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the WHO Evaluation Office.
The WHO Evaluation Office is looking for three professional seniority levels.
Ability to write analytical, clear and concise reports
- Fluency in written and oral English essential and proficiency in French and/or Spanish would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, including cultural sensitivity
- Capacity to work autonomously and in a team of consultants
- Work experience in developing countries
- Compliance with UNEG Norms and Standards for Evaluation and with the UNEG Ethical Guidelines for Evaluation
- Academic qualifications or training in evaluation matters an asset
- Experience of working with agencies of the UN system an asset
Essential technical skills and experience
- Sound knowledge and proven experience of evaluation standards, methods and terminology (including mixed methods, theories of change, measurement of impact and of value for money)
- At least 10 years’ experience, in the design, management and conduct of strategic evaluations in the areas of global policy or public health, international development, humanitarian settings, social sciences or related areas
- Postgraduate qualifications in areas related to the evaluation subjects
- WHO daily fees for evaluation experts range from US$ 500 to US$ 625 – rates will be offered based on candidate expertise and complexity of the assignment
B-Evaluation specialist (mid-level)
- Sound knowledge of evaluation standards, methods and terminology (including mixed methods, theories of change, measurement of impact and of value for money)
- At least 5 years’ experience in the design, and conduct of complex evaluations in the areas of global policy or public health, international development, humanitarian settings, social sciences or related areas
- Graduate qualifications in areas related to the evaluation subjects (postgraduate qualifications an asset)
- WHO daily fees for evaluation specialists range from US$ 350 to US$ 500 – rates will be offered based on candidate expertise and complexity of the assignment
C- Evaluation consultant (junior level)
- Familiarity with evaluation standards and methods, in particular quantitative data collection methods, online surveys, etc.
- At least 2 years’ experience of participation in evaluations, preferably in the area of health in international or humanitarian contexts
- Graduate qualifications in areas related to the evaluation subjects
- WHO daily fees for junior evaluation consultants range from US$ 275 to US$ 350 – rates will be offered based on candidate expertise and complexity of the assignment