Over the course of the NEC conference EES thematic working group on young and emerging evaluators organized activities dedicated to junior evaluation professionals. Amongst those activities where:
(1) Presentation session, where YEEs had the opportunity to learn more about EES and the TWG for emerging evaluators. It was also a moment where YEEs had the chance to meet each other.
(2) Lunch gatherings to promote networking amongst emerging evaluator;
(3) Career path session, moderated by Joss Vassen, to debate the skills and career paths within the evaluation profession;
(4) Meeting with the representative of Eval Youth to debate potential partnership.
As a result of these activities:
- More than 40 participants attended the presentation session and around 18 YEEs participated in the Career Paths session.
- During the event a WhatsApp group was created to support communications. After more than 3 months the group counts with 60 participants. The group is still active and became a platform where YEEs exchange work opportunities, events and advices.
- The YEEs events EES straighten the dialog between EES and Turkish emerging evaluation professionals. As a result a partnership was developed and we are now collaborating on a funding application to enhance Turkey evaluation capacity.
- This conference was critical to straightened the relations between the EES TWG for Young and Emerging Evaluators and EvalYouth. We are now planning to gather efforts in the promotion of M&E within the European Boundaries.
Learn more information about EES participation at the NEC conference 2017: