Date(s) - 07/09/2021
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Evaluation Adviser, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
1. Strengthen regional evaluation function and capacity development
Support the implementation of revised Regional Evaluation Framework and Action Plan, in accordance with the 2018 Evaluation Policy, and build regional evaluation capacity.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of Regional Evaluation Framework and Action Plan and its key indicators against targets.
- Support the implementation and update(s) of regional evaluation-related guidance notes on evaluation management and use, quality assurance, and national evaluation capacity development (NECD).
- Organize and plan regular regional evaluation network meetings with relevant colleagues at country, regional and headquarter levels, focusing on regional priorities and key evaluation topics.
- Provide evaluation capacity development support at the country and regional levels, including the design and delivery of training curricula.
- Support the NECD activities and management of NECD related partnerships (including the regional Programme Cooperation Agreement with CLEAR-AA) at country and regional levels.
- Support the development of, and maintain region-specific guidance on a range of topics, including:
- Country Programme Evaluation terms of reference
- Standard operating procedures for country offices on evaluation planning, management, quality assurance and use
- Support other tasks related to strengthening the regional evaluation function, including providing support to country offices and the regional office in increasing evaluability, evaluation coverage, evaluation quality, independence of evaluation function in country offices, etc.
For more information please click here.