Date(s) - 08/07/2020
The Evaluation Office of the International Labour Organisation (ILO/ ILO-EVAL) is seeking expressions of interest from a home-based international team leader, fluent in written and spoken English (Arabic not necessary), to conduct an independent final evaluation of the project Independent Final Evaluation of the project: ’Employment for Youth in Egypt (EYE): Working Together in Qalyoubia and Menoufia” funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
This a second Call for the evaluation of the named project regarding the evaluation team leader. If you applied to the previous call as team leader, you do not require re-applying.
Application deadline: 8th July 2020
Type of contract: External Collaboration Contract
Expected duration: The total duration of the evaluation process is estimated to be 21 working days (July-September 2020 for the whole evaluation process).
The team leader will work with a bilingual (Arabic English) national team member.
Profile of Evaluation team leader
- Advanced university degree in social sciences or related graduate qualifications;
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience as sole evaluator or team leader in evaluating social development projects initiatives;
- Proven experience with logical framework approaches and other strategic planning approaches, M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory), information analysis and report writing;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Knowledge and experience of the UN System;
- Excellent consultative, communication and interview skills;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality results within strict deadlines.
For further details about the evaluation, please see the attached ToR.
Candidates intending to submit an expression of interest must supply the following information:
- A description of how the candidate’s skills, qualifications and experience are relevant to the required qualifications of this assignment (maximum 2 pages).
- A list of previous evaluations that are relevant to the context and subject matter of this assignment, indicating the role played by then consultant(s) applying (they can be highlighted in the CV).
- A statement confirming their availability to conduct this assignment and the daily professional fee expressed in US dollars (indicating fees received for similar assignments in the last 2 years as a reference).
- A copy of the candidate’s curriculum vitae.
- A statement confirming that the candidates have no previous involvement in the implementation and delivery of the project to be evaluated or a personal relationship with any ILO Officials who are engaged in the project.
- The names of two referees (including phone and email) who can be contacted.
The deadline to submit expression of interest for undertaking the evaluation is by on 13th June 2020. Please send an e-mail with the subject header “Evaluation of EGY/16/02/NOR” to the Evaluation Manager Inviolata Chinyangarara (firstname.lastname@example.org) copying Ricardo Furman (email@example.com).”