Date(s) - 09/11/2020 - 23/11/2020
Mosaic is proud to launch its second online Zoom training from Nov. 9-23, 2020 on Essentials of RBM & Theory of Change during and post COVID. Register here.
In six 3.5 hour online sessions, we will show you how to:
- MASTER RBMonline digital tools in the workplace in an interactive & participatory way;
- DEVELOP a systems thinking around RBM;
- APPLY RBMat an organizational, programme and/or project level;
- DESIGNM&E systems for your own situation;
- DEVELOP and EXPLAINthe Theory of Change behind your logic model;
- USEperformance measurement information in decision-making in project management and implementation
- WRITEa Results-based Report.
Why You Should Attend
This Zoom comprehensive online workshop will focus on how to deal with COVID-19 impacts in real time in the way you design, manage, monitor, evaluate and report on your initiatives. The workshop will help you deal better with disruption, uncertainty and significant change so that you and your organization are more resilient and better at anticipating and adapting to disruption in the future.
We will focus on real time case studies drawn from workshop participants to retrofit, adapt or create new initiatives that are sensitive to external shocks, stresses and hazards, and together learn impactful strategies for adapting program monitoring and evaluation in a time of Covid-19.
Understanding the gendered impacts of COVID 19 will also be addressed with strategies that seek social transformation in gender relations in order to achieve greater gender equality. You will learn how to use new online technologies to work in teams remotely in a participatory and inclusive way.
Take a step and join us in this adventure into remote digital collaboration and get inspired for the future of your work!
This remote online workshop is organized in six 3.5 hour sessions from November 9-23, 2020 which goes from 12:30 PM EST-16:00 PM EST (New York time) except for the first Preworkshop orientation session. Sessions will be recorded to allow for people to reinforce their learning or take in the recording as needed. The workshop uses a secure Zoom platform (password protected) and other online platforms (e.g. Kinaki among others) to ensure sessions are interactive and practical.
November 9, 2020 2.5 hour Preworkshop Orientation Session: Intro/ice-breaker/team-building, expected learning result, group agreement, methodology and orientation to using Zoom & Kinaki controls during the sessions, selection of case studies and team recap sessions
November 10, 2020 Session 1: RBM Essentials and Beyond
- Reviewing the Basics of RBM: Theory, Concepts and Tools
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Programme Cycle and how we design, monitor and evaluate
- Challenges and Opportunities presented by COVID-19
- Resilience: What it is and why it matters
- Surviving & thriving amid shocks & disruptions
November 13, 2020 Session 2: Logic Models
- Introduction to the Logic Model
- Developing realistic & sound results
- Building in transformational results, intersectionality & resilience early on
- Group Exercise: Designing a Logic Model in Kinaki (free online tool and collaborative software) using a case study
- Homework: In light of COVID and the presentation and exercise today, review your own programme or project-level Logic Model to see what updates or modifications need to be made. Be prepared to report on these changes in the next session.
November 16, 2020 Session 3: Developing your Theory of Change Narrative
- Introduction to the Theory of Change
- How to write a Theory of Change Narrative
- Identifying Assumptions in your TOC Narrative
- How organizations are revising their TOC/LM in response to COVID-19
- Group Exercise: Designing a Theory of Change Narrative from a Logic Model (using a case study)
November 18, 2020 Session 4: Performance Measurement
- Introduction to Performance Measurement
- Defining baseline, gender-sensitive indicators and targets and ensuring indicators of resilience
- Group Exercise: Developing a Performance Measurement Framework (PMF) based on a case study using Kinaki collaborative M&E software
- Adaptations to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning under COVID-19
- Top Options for Remote M&E
- Homework: In light of COVID and the presentation and exercise today, review your own programme or project-level Performance Measurement Framework to see what updates or modifications need to be made. Be prepared to report on these changes in the next session.
November 20, 2020 Session 5: Managing Risk in Risky Environments
- The essentials of Risk Management
- The growing complexity of Risk
- The Risk Management Cycle
- Climate Change Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Assessing Risk Levels
- Strategies for Minimizing Risk
- Group Exercise: Developing and managing a risk/contingency plan for a case study
November 23, 2020 Session 6: Results based Reporting
- The Essentials of Results-Based Reporting
- From Activities to Results
- Results-based Reporting adaptations due to Covid-19
- Interactive Dashboards
- Individual Exercise: Preparing and Telling your Performance Story (for a case study)
- Developing your RBM Action Plan for after you leave the workshop
- Certificates and Closing
* We encourage those with projects or programmes that need realigning due to COVID or major disruptions to submit their project and programme as a case study for group work. Its easy. All we need is a one page description with the following information:
- -2-3 paragraph description of the programme or project
- -Key Activities
- -Key results
Please note we are limiting registration to 24 people so please do not procrastinate. The early bird catches the worm! Register here.