Date(s) - 02/06/2023
The ILO Country Office for Magheeb
Evaluation Period: end of June-August 2023
Application Deadline: 2nd June 2023, at the close of business (17:30 GMT)
Type of Contract: External collaboration contract
Required Languages: Fluency in spoken and written French. Reading English and local languages and languages will be an asset.
Description: Seeking an evaluator to conduct the internal mid-term evaluation of the project “Promoting economic inclusion and social cohesion through livelihood and employment interventions for refugees and host communities in the Moughataa of Bassikounou, Mauritania”
It should be noted that the dates mentioned in the ToRs are indicative and could be slightly revised, if necessary.
The candidate interested in this call for expressions of interest must provide the following information:
1. Up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV) describing the candidate’s skills, qualifications and experience while showing how they best meet the qualifications required for this position,
2. A list of previous evaluations that are preferable in relation to the context and theme of this call, clearly indicating the role played by the consultant,
3. The candidate must demonstrate expertise and ability to conduct project/programme evaluations, particularly within the United Nations system and/or with international development organizations,
4. A declaration by the candidate attesting to his/her availability to conduct the mid-term internal evaluation in Mauritania and a proposal for daily professional fees expressed in US Dollar or Ouguiya (MRU),
5. A copy of the candidate’s curriculum vitae (which must include information on the candidate’s skills and qualifications mentioned above).
6. A statement that the applicant has not been involved in the design and implementation of the projects in question or does not have a privileged personal relationship with ILO officials working directly on the said project in Mauritania,
7. The names of two contact persons (including telephone and email).
8. Two reports in which the evaluator was the sole evaluator or team leader.
The consultant could reside in Mauritania or another country.