Date(s) - 04/10/2023
Mobile for Development
Deadline: 4th October
GSMA Entity: Foundation
Position type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to: Daniele Tricarico
As the maternity cover for the MEL Director, you will:
* Manage the M4D MEL team, and create a space for sharing and support between MEL staff in all programmes, promoting shared tools and approaches and cross-learning.
* Be a sounding board and support for excellent MEL practice and change management in the department, and provide feedback on project and programme level MEL approaches and reports.
* Support MEL team staff to ensure they can provide strong support and learning deliverables within programme team structures, giving structure to this cross-functional team.
* Manage and coordinate quarterly and annual reporting across programme teams.
* Facilitate cross-programme learning, engagement, and use of MEL data.
* Design and manage learning products according to M4D’s central learning agenda to ensure that Learning agenda – keep designing learning products for the learning agenda.
* Develop an approach to design MEL for new grants at an early stage, and ensure they have MEL support from the offset to deliver utilisation-focused project evidence.
* Create support lines to M4D leads, ensuring they have the evidence they need for reporting and decision making, and provide access to central MEL budgets to support them where appropriate.
* Design and manage evaluations and impact assessments to understand the effectiveness and impact of M4D portfolio as a whole, and for specific programmes.
* Be responsible for MEL team internal reporting, and support reporting to donors, especially for cross-programme grants.
* Make use of and take forward central MEL assets, including quantitative and qualitative databases and existing tools (including quantitative monitoring tables as well as more qualitative approaches such as outcomes harvesting), as well as identifying and creating new tools and approaches where required.
* Engage and build relationships with high profile stakeholders including sector and industry leaders and donors.
* Build M4D’s MEL network, forming partnerships with leading organisations and forums, and engaging with our existing partners.