Date(s) - 15/12/2023
Closing Date: 15th December 2023
Duration of Assignment is: 29th January 2024 – 19 April 2024. After completion of the work, the consultant should be available until 30 April 2024 should any queries arise.
GNDR is seeking an evaluator to carry out a final evaluation on its USAID BHA funded programme Making Displacement Safer: Locally led DDR Solutions to Challenges Faced by Displaced Communities Living in Urban Areas (MDS).
GNDR is seeking a consultant to conduct an evaluation of the programme, verifying the achievements made. The full terms of reference are attached to this email. The evaluation is a final project evaluation. It will cover all activities that have taken place since the beginning of the project (October 2020) until the final evaluation (April 2024).
The overall purpose of the final evaluation is to:
1. Verify evidence of change already collected by evaluating both qualitative and quantitative data against the project’s indicators over the whole project period; capturing achievements of the programme’s results and indicators; going beyond the recommendations of the annual reviews.
2. Collect final evaluation data for outcome measurement
3. Discuss overall performance of the project, including details of any discrepancies between expected and actual results and any recommendations for improving the design of the program.
4. Draw lessons, success stories and an explanation of successes achieved, constraint encountered and adjustments made, leading to concrete recommendations contributing towards
o Programme goal and outcomes
o Overall GNDR strategy 2021-2025
5. Showcase examples of change of policies and practices and lessons learnt particularly in the areas of challenges faced by displaced populations in urban areas to strengthen the collaborations across levels for building a coherent approach towards resilience.
6. Showcase examples of how the programme has ensured accountability towards the communities most at risk
1. Inception report, including a detailed methodology, list of interviewees and tools for the evaluation
2. Draft and final evaluation report in English addressing the evaluation questions and including:
o Executive summary of key findings and recommendations
o Evaluation findings, analysis and conclusions with associated evidence and data clearly illustrated. Use of tables, graphs, quotes, anecdotes and stories to illustrate findings and conclusions is encouraged
o Case studies, which should illustrate stories of the impact of GNDR, DKH and local implementing partners on specific policies, processes and their implementation
o Recommendations for the next actions, which should be practical and linked directly to conclusions
o Appendices, including methodology and evaluation tools, list of interviewees/interview dates, questionnaire, and brief biography of evaluator(s)
3. Presentations of final findings to GNDR Secretariat, DKH staff and LLGI programme team
The majority of the work will be completed remotely and so candidates must be able to work and support the project team remotely and to respond to queries in a timely manner. There may be a window of opportunity for international travel (20-22 February 2024 in Kenya and one other period of 3-5 TBC). Applicants will therefore be required to have a valid passport and other documentation to secure entry into the selected countries. Whilst GNDR will cover costs of the visit, costs for new passports and necessary vaccinations will not be covered.
How to apply
Please submit the technical proposal to Elise Belcher (Project Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org, copying in email@example.com, with attachments and the subject line “Final evaluation: MDS” on or before Monday 15 December 2023.