Date(s) - 19/09/2023
Date: 19th, 21st, 26th and 28th September 2023
Evaluation facilitation is a specialized niche within the larger world of facilitation. It applies and adapts general facilitation knowledge and techniques to the specialized challenges of working with stakeholder groups involved in program evaluation. The purpose of such facilitation is to enhance the relevance, credibility, meaningfulness, and utility of evaluations.
Evaluation facilitation falls within the Interpersonal Domain of the American Evaluation Association’s competencies. This domain focuses on the human relations and social interactions that ground evaluator’s effectiveness for professional practice. Interpersonal skills include cultural competence, communication, facilitation, and conflict resolution. This webinar will build skills in all of these interpersonal skills, with particular emphasis on facilitation as the bedrock of interpersonal evaluator competence.
The interpersonally competent evaluation facilitator:
* Fosters positive relationships for professional practice and evaluation use
* Listens to understand and engage different perspectives
* Facilitates shared decision making for evaluation
* Builds trust throughout the evaluation
* Attends to the ways power and privilege affect evaluation practice
* Communicates in meaningful ways that enhance the effectiveness of the evaluation
* Facilitates constructive and culturally responsive interaction throughout the evaluation
* Manages conflicts constructively.
This course is delivered in four virtual, instructor-led modules. Read about each of the modules below. Classes will take place online via Zoom. Certificates of completion will be provided at the end of the course to all participants who have successfully completed the modules.