Date(s) - 02/06/2021
Mid-Term Evaluation of UNCDF’s support to the Development Initiative for Northern Uganda (DINU)
This evaluation is being conducted in accordance with UNCDF’s Evaluation Plan 2018–2021 and in line with UNDP’s Evaluation Policy (to which UNCDF is party) which sets out a number of guiding principles and key norms for evaluation in the organization following the Norms and Standards of the United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG). Amongst the norms that the Policy seeks to uphold, the most important are that the evaluation exercise be independent and provide technically and methodologically credible findings that are useful and relevant to support evidence-based programme management.
The focus of this evaluation is the UNCDF component of the overall Government of Uganda DINU programme funded by the European Union, managed by Uganda’s Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) and guided by the National Steering Committee.
With this in mind, the evaluation has been designed with the following overall objectives:
- to allow UNCDF and the EU to meet their accountability and learning objectives for DINU (UNCDF component);
- to support ongoing efforts to capture good practice and lessons to date;
- to guide and inform the remaining years of implementation as well as inform subsequent UNCDF programming in country and globally; with a particular interest in scaling up part of the intervention and build upon what has been achieved;
- to inform updating of UNCDF global strategies within the framework of its 2018 – 2021 Strategic Framework and beyond;
- to access the impact of COVID-19 on the overall implementation framework and provide recomendations for the second part of project implementation.
The published advertisement is available at the following link: https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=78448
Any requests for clarifications or questions can be submitted by 21 May 2021 to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for proposal submission: 02 June 2021.